Fan Activity Guidelines
Kimono’s Townhouse has the best fans. I am constantly surprised by their enthusiasm, and they make me feel loved and special. Readers are what make a comic fun.
Unfortunately, some fan activity can put an author in a really difficult position. After a series of awkward events, I realized I needed to seek outside advice about my rights as an artist. I have a legal obligation to protect my copyrights, but I do not want to discourage well–meant fan activity. For these reasons, I am providing these Fan Activity Guidelines.
Please look over them carefully, and if you have any concerns at all, feel free to contact me. I want to work with my fans, not against them. I hope everyone understands that this is one of those necessary things an author has to do so she can get back to doing fun stuff. [an error occurred while processing this directive].
Disclaimer: No permission is implied or granted for commercial use. No license is granted or implied by these guidelines. Please read our copyright information for commercial site guidelines.
I cannot accept story ideas and I have been advised not to read Kimono’s Townhouse fiction written by others. Please understand that this is to reduce my own liability.
- I do not discourage fans from writing fan fiction.
- Please do not attempt to share fan fiction or story ideas with me.
- Any fan fiction must contain a disclaimer that it is not an official Kimono’s Townhouse story and that it is not affiliated with KT in any way.
I love fan art, and I don’t discourage fans from creating it. If you have created fan art, please consider sharing it with me, and I may place it in the Gallery Page. However, please do not share art that contains a narrative or story line, as I have been advised not to read Kimono’s Townhouse fan fiction.
I don’t discourage fans from roleplaying as characters from Kimono’s Townhouse. However, I must avoid participation in roleplay, as it exposes me to story ideas from others.
- Do not engage in roleplay in any official Kimono’s Townhouse forum. This includes Minty’s Blog and the Kimono’s Townhouse LiveJournal. Roleplay in these areas causes confusion amongst readers.
- Do not impersonate me (Dava Butler), nor present yourself as part of the Kimono’s Townhouse team.
- Do not attempt to share KT roleplay stories with me.
I don’t discourage fans from creating fan sites, and I am honored that some fans want to do so. I ask that fans who want to create fan sites observe the following guidelines to avoid copyright infringement.
- Please provide a link to this website, http://www.kimonostownhouse.com/.
- Do not use the black and white silhouette logo, and do not make the site appear to be part of the official Kimono’s Townhouse website.
- Do not copy the text or images on this site. Copying text or the organization of ideas is plagiarism.
- Brief passages and images no larger than 260 pixels by 200 pixels may be used in connection with a review. In all cases, a link to the original work must be provided.
- Do not mirror the content of this site. Mirrored content would remove incentive for readers to visit this site, which would cause more harm than benefit to Kimono’s Townhouse.
- Several images are provided for free use by fans. Please consider using any of our link banners or free avatars. Be sure you save these images to your own server.
- Please include a disclaimer statement, such as, “Kimono’s Townhouse is copyright of Dava Butler. This site is not approved by, sponsored by or affiliated with Kimono’s Townhouse.”
- Let us have a look! We might provide a link on our Links Page.